There are so many haters out there ranting on Ello right now, I thought I would do a short list of the things I am loving about it.
1. New people, new discoveries, new creative inspiration. Sure, it is always nice to play with people you know in a new payground, but don’t you go to parties to meet new people? Examples of things I never would have found on my existing digital networks:
- https://soundcloud.com/solarheavy/ellie-goulding-remix ( been background grooving all morning)
- http://www.amazon.com/The-Black-Deep-Sea-Thriller-ebook/dp/B00NLWVMA6/ref=zg_bsnr_886086_4# ( downloaded it to read on the plane tomorrow)
- http://food.nationalgeographic.com/ ( OMG. just OMG.. barely started to dig through this)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6aV-fUnb1M ( a little political thought and action)
- https://ello.co/tnpuig ( food porn)
- http://www.victorbezrukov.com/ ( I have a passion for black and white photography)
- http://aidanmoher.com/blog/featured-article/2013/05/we-have-always-fought-challenging-the-women-cattle-and-slaves-narrative-by-kameron-hurley/ ( nicely written thought piece)
- https://ello.co/broessel/post/2UwRH3uBL3f2GRZu19nhLg ( poem for your day)
- https://dribbble.com/shots/1743529-Spiky-lines ( new artist)
- http://scholarsandrogues.com/2014/09/28/peter-handke-the-nobel-prize-and-the-weight-of-the-world/ ( the kind of reading I need to do more of… slow down and take time to really think)
And that is just before lunch.
The great thrill of a new network? Finding new people, new creations, new thoughts, new inspiration, new ideas. Stop worrying about how to find what you already new and make a little noise, a little splash. Your friends will find you..